How to Use the YDC Site
- If you haven’t logged in yet, you can log in through the link in the top right corner.
- Once you’re logged in, you can update/upload a photo and bio using the “Edit Biography” button.
- You should see a grey shortcut bar along the top of the page. If you don’t, click on the triangle in the upper righthand corner.
Creating a New Show Page
- To list a new show, click “Create New Event” on the shortcut bar and follow the instructions on the event form. There are several sub-pages to the form (accessed by the blue links on the left), so make sure you fill in all information before hitting “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- This will create an unpublished site for your show that must be reviewed by site administrators before being published on the Yale College Arts website. Once it is published, you will be able to edit it under the “Edit” tab or grant permission for others to edit it under the “Grant” tab. For more information, see “Editing a Show Page” below.
- Listing Auditions and Tech and Design Opportunities:
- If you plan on holding auditions, click “Yes, there are cast vacancies” under “Performers and Production Team”. You will be prompted to input information for your audition and upload any documents you want your auditioners to prepare. This will create a site on the Auditions page where performers will be able to sign up for auditions.
- If you want to post for Tech and Design Opportunities, click “Yes, there are tech and design vacancies” under “Performers and Production Team”. Any named production role that doesn’t have a link to someone’s bio will be listed on the Tech and Design Opportunities site.
Editing a Show Page
- Once a show page is published, you will see an “Edit” tab under the page title. That is where you can edit the show page to update cast, production team, audition information, show times, add downloadable files, etc.
- You can only edit show pages that you have created or have been granted access to edit.
- Granting editing permissions to a show page that you have created is possible once it has been published by clicking the “Grant” tab on that specific show page. Use the text box to search for another user’s full name, grant them whatever permissions you choose, and click “Save Grants”.
- Be sure to select “Flush all caches” from the drop down home icon in the upper left corner of the page once you’ve saved your changes. If you uncheck all the boxes and save, they will have all permissions removed and their name will disappear from the list.
Creating a New Stand-Alone Audition Page
- If you’re interested in holding auditions not related to a specific performance (i.e. for a comedy or dance group), you can click on “Create New Audition” in the shortcut bar. You will be prompted to input information for your audition and upload any documents you want your auditioners to prepare. This will create a site where performers will be able to sign up for your auditions that is not linked to a specific event.
- Audition pages do not need to be reviewed by site administrators before being published.
What events can be listed on the Yale College Arts site?
- Any undergraduate live performance or film screening may be listed provided that:
- Graduate or professional live performance or film screening may not be listed. However:
- These events may use the YDC website and newsletter to list auditions.
The Yale Drama Coalition board reserves the right to deny any performance from being listed, even if the specific reasoning is not available here. Feel free to contact email@example.com with questions or requests for an exception.
Where do I sign up for the weekly newsletter?
Every week the YDC sends out a newsletter to update you on the theater scene at Yale - it’s the go-to place for all there is to know about undergraduate theater: auditions, tech info, and special workshops! There are two ways you can join or list:
- Send a message to our current Communications Officer. They’d love to hear from you!
- Add yourself! Navigate to your Yale Subscription Management page, click Undergraduate Organizations, Performance, and then find us under “Drama Coalition, Yale: An Undergrad. Organization”. Or simply visit the YDC mailing list page here!
It’s super easy; we promise!