How to use the Yale College Arts site
- Log in to Yale College Arts through the link in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Once you’re logged in, you can update/upload a photo and bio using the “Edit Biography” button.
- You should see a grey shortcut bar along the top of the page. If you don’t, click on the triangle in the upper righthand corner of the page.
Creating a New Show Page
- Click “Create New Event” on the shortcut bar to complete the event form. Please be sure to complete the subpage for Performances and Screenings (accessed by the blue link on the left-hand side of the page) with information regarding performance location, dates, and times.
- Once you’ve entered all of your event information, click “Save” at the bottom of the page. This will create an unpublished page for your show that will be reviewed by site administrators before being published on the Yale College Arts website.
- Once the event is published, you will be able to edit it under the “Edit” tab or grant permission for others to edit it under the “Grant” tab. For more information, see “Editing a Show Page” below.
- Listing Auditions and Tech and Design Opportunities:
- If you plan on holding auditions, click “Yes, there are cast vacancies” under “Performers and Production Team.” You will be prompted to input information for your audition and upload any documents you want your auditioners to prepare. This will create a site on the Auditions page where performers can sign up for auditions.
- If you want to post Tech and Design Opportunities, click “Yes, there are tech and design vacancies” under “Performers and Production Team.” Any named production role that doesn’t have a link to someone’s bio will be listed on the Tech and Design Opportunities site.
Editing a Show Page
- Once a show page is published, you will see an “Edit” tab under the page title. This is where you can edit the show page to update participating musicians, production team, audition information, show times, add downloadable files, etc.
- You can only edit show pages that you have created or have been granted access to edit.
- You may grant editing permissions to a show page that you have created once it has been published by clicking the “Grant” tab on that specific show page. Use the text box to search for another user’s full name, grant them whatever permissions you choose, and click “Save Grants.” If you uncheck all the boxes and save, they will have all permissions removed and their name will disappear from the list.
- Be sure to select “Flush all caches” from the drop down home icon in the upper left corner of the page once you save your changes.
What events can be listed on the Yale College Arts site?
- Any undergraduate live performance or film screening may be listed provided that: